Merry Christmas to all! What a year it’s been, huh? Though we’re now in similar difficult circumstances, I wanted to share some light and positivity with you all. The Christmas season is one of my favorite times of year because it reminds us how true joy, light, love and hope are. It is possible for some of us to stay in our homes during the Holiday season, instead of sharing the spirit of the season with our loved ones, but it doesn’t lessen the love and affection towards our loved ones. If you are feeling sad or alone today, let me share with you an endearing poem that will serve as a virtual hug from me to you.
We’re thinking of you,
hoping this is your best Christmas yet,
full of your favorite holiday pleasures.
May the foods taste delicious,
bringing happy nostalgia
for all the Christmases past.
May the decorations dazzle, glitter and glow.
May the gifts you give and get
be exactly the right thing.
May you delight in the warmth of love,
creating even stronger bonds
with family and friends.
Merry Christmas! May this Christmas
live happily in your memory forever.
By: Joanna Fuchs
Now that we gather with our loved ones for Christmas dinner, we may choose to serve juice, water, soda, or even wine!
I have compiled a few wine picks that can be used for today’s or next year’s dinner. Hope you enjoy!
RIESLING ( DR. LOOSEN)
- With hints of citrus and peach, this Riesling is crisp and light. It is a nice addition to cheese platters or spicy appetizers, and tastes good with turkey, pork, and other white meats as well.
SONOMA COAST CHARDONNAY ( THE CALLING )
- If you’re serving shellfish at a special occasion, such as lobster thermidore or crab legs, you should serve a wine that’s suitable. Despite its butteriness, this oaked Chardonnay keeps its crispness to cut through the fats while leaving your palate looking forward to the next bite.
SYRAH MOURVEDRE VIOGNIER ( THE WOLFTRAP )
- South African in origin, this slightly smoky, forest fruit-forward wine is sustainable and delicious. It makes a great pairing with grilled or roasted meat because of its subtle baking spice notes and refreshing dryness.
CHIANTI CLASSICO RISERVA ( BANFI )
- Fans of dry red wines who enjoy plums, cherries, and woodsy flavors will love this one. Start the party by serving the pasta and red sauce along with an Italian-themed Christmas dinner or an appetizer spread.
CA BRUT SPARKLING WINE ( ONEHOPE WINE )
- Don’t just enjoy a glass of bubbly, help feed a child in need with the purchase of this brut sparkling wine. The bottle also doubles as a decorative item. For brunch, try mixing it into Mimosas or a French 75.
Happy New Year to all of you! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you a wonderful new year! I look forward to hearing from you next year.